Sunday, October 9, 2011

Political Ideals...

Well not surprisingly, when I took ideological tests for Comparative Government it showed I am a centrist. Like most Americans (although most won't acknowledge it) my beliefs are fairly centered and split between both parties. This also allows me to see both sides of an argument equally (just don't use God as part of an argument...) and make my own decisions. Unlike people I have known/know who make decisions based solely on either A) their parents opinions and spoonfed knowledge B) "their" political party (also mostly shoved down their throats by parents), or C) what John Stewart (although John Stewart is always amusing) or Glen Beck (he's not, just ignorant, racist bigot) says. Although my parents are fairly Liberal they don't try and force that on me as long as I actually know what I am talking about. This has encouraged me to become politically literate and have some amount of knowledge of what I talk about when speaking of politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment